Sunday, June 22, 2014

Serving Up, Pouring Down, Tonight's Feature...


1. Certain bowls are destined to serve certain things. For example, never ever would I put potato chips in this bowl. It would be all wrong. The nectarines are perfect here. I imagine blueberries would be pretty, too.
2. The downpour came just when I had some outdoor chores that couldn't wait. I took shelter in B.'s barn during the lightning part, but otherwise I carried on in the rain. Summer rain feels wonderfully good to play in when you make up your mind to go simply go with it.
3. The deer gather in our field at dusk. Fireflies sparkle all around them. A doe and her fawn are among the group. The fawn is newly born and can barely stand. It stays mostly beneath its mother until she tenderly nudges it with her nose to push it along. My vantage point is about twenty yards away and I'm glued to this entrancing scene.

1 comment: