Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Turn, I Would Choose Teal, Red and Lime Green but Actually End Up Buying Black, Henri

1. Being able to selfishly say to friends, "OK, can we talk about me now?" and sharing my burden to sympathetic ears.
2. Some really nice fashion catalogs came in the mail. I saved them as a special treat to browse through while I sat in my favorite chair. I love to window shop this way, folding pages and imagining how I would wear this or that. I never actually buy any of them because that's not what window shopping is all about. It's non-committal.
3. I plop down on the sofa beside my husband at the end of a long day. Henri curls up in the crook of my arm and I absentmindedly pet him. After a moment, I look down and realize how calming and comforting it is to pet him. I think he came to me more for my benefit than his own. Husband listens and Henri cuddles. God is good.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like your world is 'just right'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you have to clamor for you're turn. You're very nice and that happens a lot to nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are OK. Yes - you and I seem to have similar personalities - people love a listening ear, don't they?

    ReplyDelete