Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

I'm thankful to have people in my life who make me laugh.
She's back there...
finding fun in ordinary things,
...and making it impossible to take a family photo.
1. There's that rooster crowing in the woods again. I haven't heard him in a while. I like his company in the early morning, when the stars are just beginning to fade.
 2. It was a beautiful, mild day. After dinner, we sat on the porch and relaxed in the sun. Chelsea opted to spread a blanket on the grass and took a nap there.

3. My family makes me laugh. Well, we all make each other laugh.
3a. We played a paper and pencil game similar to 'Gossip'. One story turned out so funny that when I woke in the middle of the night, it popped into my head and I started laughing all over again.

5 comments:

  1. happy american thanksgiving~ sounds like you had a great time with lots of laughs...as it should be

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family -- I can almost hear the laughter spilling out of the pages and between your beautifully penned lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very nice celebration, Lee. The freshly baked pies in an earlier post looked wonderfully delicious just from the photos. We celebrated in Groton, CT with family, which of course included the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family - and laughing with them is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing just looking at the photos--can't imagine the fun it was to actually be there! The real joy is the gathering of family--a blessing. too, as we all know that such joy isn't true for all families.

    Happy belated Thanksgiving, Leonora. And happy merry making through the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete