Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Nest, Labor By Laughter?, I'll Be There

1. A little house finch abandoned her nest in the Derecho last July. I've given it a home on our shelf where it reminds me of the fragility of life.
2. The daily phone call from Daughter #1 begins with, "I'm just calling to say Hi!". She messaged me later, saying her husband is trying to help her go into labor with laughter.
3. Tomorrow I drive to Raleigh. The plan is that there will be a baby by Tuesday. It's difficult for me not to worry about my daughter; it's what mothers do. But I try to focus on thoughts of the new baby we already love and cannot wait to meet!

2 comments:

  1. i love it—labor by laughter! have to tell alex about that. the waiting seems even more difficult than labor at times. safe travels, leonora. your grandbaby will be in your arms before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a Mexican restaurant here in Atlanta that is proud of the fact that all the women who eat there past their due dates go into labor. So maybe get her some Mexican food. :)

    I know you'll love being there for the big event.

    ReplyDelete