Saturday, August 11, 2012

Meringue, Renewed Energy, Puttering Away


1. The horse field grows some interesting mushrooms. Other than being five times larger, these are identical to the meringue mushrooms I make for our Buche de Noel at Christmas. (Or I should say, the meringue mushrooms are a perfect imitation of the natural.)


 2. I do have more energy today! Steve and I worked outside, picking up branches and wood from two fallen trees. He went on to chop wood while I puttered here and there. The horses like to greet whoever walks in their field. Here, Vander has unceremoniously knocked over one of the mushrooms as I photographed them.


3. I was so content to be in the kitchen this afternoon. Feeling more like my old energetic self, I made Sunday's dinner today. Now tomorrow will be an easy day of church, rest and play.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well and hope all is OK now that you are better.

    That horse is beautiful and you did indeed capture the look of real mushrooms in your Buche de Noel. I'd love to taste that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh......comment c`est joie votre gateau!! :O) Et les champignons!!! On va dire des vrait!! :O) Et le cheval il es just MAGNIFIQUE!! :O)
    Merci de visitez mon blog et de lessez votre petit mont chez moi!!! :O) Et bonne chance a votre fille de etudier le francais!!!
    Bonne journee!!
    xxx Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete