Thursday, December 30, 2010

Possibilities, FUN!, A good kind of tired

1. Waiting for daughter at a new hair salon, one of the stylists stops to chat with the receptionist. She's beautifully tall and willowy. I hear her tell the receptionist that she's 5'7" and I think, "That's my height! With 3" heels and 20 pounds less, I could look like that!" It won't happen, but it's nice to know that it's a possibility : )
2. We attend the annual Vintage Ball where 280 dancers sashay, weave and twirl to music of the 1700's. The dresses and hoop skirts are beautiful, the dances are done in unison and we thoroughly enjoy the evening. Dancers clap their hands in double time and the occasional "Whoop!" livens up the room even more.
3. We fall into bed at 1 a.m. and my last, comforting thought is that no one has to get up by the alarm in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of a vintage ball. That sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete