Friday, March 5, 2010

Pastry, She's here!, Success of the hunt

1. I ordered a pastry called a Cobblestone with my coffee at Panera's. An indulgent treat, baked in a paper muffin cup, formed of little balls of sweet yeast bread, soft inside, crunchy on top, filled with raisins, cinnamon and drizzled with icing. Monkey bread meets sticky bun.
2. Hundreds of little plastic flags line the highway in preparation for a construction project. They flutter in the wind like confetti; red, orange and yellow. They create a festive air and I feel like a VIP on a parade route.
3. I am hunting down books for Tess. The second store I visit has a copy, victory! AND at checkout, the clerk says, " We have this book for less". He returns with the exact same copy for $4 less! Double victory. I can't wait to bring them home to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment