Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy day, Fix-it guy, Giving

1. Today marks daughter #2's birthday. Born 23 years ago in Maine, those days seem a lifetime ago and I suppose they are! Daughter #1 was still a baby when #2 came along, so life was one, long, sleepless, zombie state. Funny that now I remember those days with fondness. We talked on the phone today and pondered the fact that we never would have guessed this is where we would be and what we would be doing all these years later. Our future is one big, wonderful mystery.
2. I put, "phone Kitchen Aid repair man" on the board. My self-cleaning function has gone awry and the oven door is locking. I dread the expense. But first, I tell Steve and within half an hour he has it fixed. (This was after I panicked seeing the stove apart in pieces and questioning his abilities.) Boy, did I marry the right guy!
3. Parents are willing to give much of their time and creativity, therefore the burden is lightly shared for everyone. The girls will love what's in store for their scouting troop this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment