Saturday, December 19, 2009

Announced by all the trumpets of the sky, arrives the snow. by Ralph Waldo Emerson

1. Today's snowfall is a beautiful spectacle that only nature could create. I consider it a wonderful gift. Memories of childhood snowstorms, excitement throughout the day, so many possibilities of things to do outside, the coziness inside the house, the beauty of the slate gray sky, laughter at the animals' antics, wonder at the beauty of it all.
2. I bake most of the day. The gingerbread is cut into house parts which the two younger daughters construct and decorate with candies I've been hoarding.
3. The snow is thigh deep, but I want to get to the bird feeder. I contemplate whether or not to leave the path and wade to it wearing only ankle boots. I go for it, plunging in like a brave explorer, leaving my comfort zone for the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment